“Mindset is the key to everything” Lottie Moore,
I’ve learnt a lot about mindset over my time in business. I think we can all learn from watching children as they learn how a business mindset can develop to support our business growth.
Children as they learn are honest with themselves and others. If they’re trying to do something they won’t stop until they do it. Think of them learning to walk. How many times will they fall over before they find their balance?
So why do business owners think that running a business is easy and they won’t fall over at the first hurdle?
I can’t answer that question, but I can help you create the right business mindset to make your business journey as smooth a ride as possible.
How do I create the right business mindset for me?
We are all different, so what works for me won’t necessarily work for you. However, from my experience, and that shared by Mindset expert Lottie Moore during an interview, there are things you can do to help yourself create the right business mindset for you.
I am assuming you’re in the right business & you have a passion for what you do. That’s the starting point!
- Have your plan and EXPECT it to work
- Be prepared to knock on doors & go out and do it. TAKE ACTION.
- “DO OR NOT DO. There is no try” maybe a mantra from Star Wars character Yoda, but it’s true.
- Choose to STAY POSITIVE in your business even if you get a little knock back, or things don’t go quite to plan
- Surround yourself with people who will AFFIRM you for who you are and your brilliant skills & SUPPORT you in the right way
- Celebrate every little success with your cheerleading team
If you’re having a bad day
And you will. It’s perfectly normal in business, as in life, to have bad days. Lottie suggested these tips to get your business mindset back to where you want it to be:
“Expect the best, prepare for the worst” Firewalker mantra
- Ask yourself, “have I got a reason, or have I got an excuse?”
- Adopt an entrepreneurial spirit – Don’t linger on the things that don’t work. Learn and move on
- Step up and go for it
- Replace “try”, with “I AM GOING TO”
- Replace “if”, with “WHEN”
- Put on some great music
- Take responsibility for your successes & when things go well
- Write down what you’re grateful for. Have a gratitude jar to remind yourself of a great day
- Be proactive in creating your own mood for the moment, the day, and your business
- What are you good & passionate about? That’s what you need to focus on & get support on the other parts.
- Invest in the best you can afford. Low cost monthly clubs, like the Business Cheerleading Club are great & you meet wonderful people.
- Mix with people who will support you and encourage you to grow your business
- Learn from the questions others ask in your support group. You learn what you didn’t know you did’t know!
- Think about the language you use. Change a word and see if it’s more positive for you
- It’s OK to say, “I haven’t got the money for that this month”, or “things aren’t great at the moment”, or “this is hard”
- Give yourself a break, you’re doing a great job 🙂
Celebrate what you want to replicate. Lottie Moore
Creating your business mindset is one thing, and maintaining it can be something else. You’ll probably learn something else from the conversation I had with Lottie. It’s only half an hour long, so you can listen whilst you’re washing up!
What do you do to create the right business mindset for yourself? Let me know in the comments below.
If you’re a coach and want extra support, Lottie’s Coaching Success Academy we talk about is another option for your own support and business development.