Wondering where the summer has gone and why your business is sluggish?
Beating yourself up for spending more time with the children than with your customers?
Hey, stop it! The school holidays are a time of fun and pleasure. Family time to savour and enjoy. I’m sure you’ve been keeping the business ticking over. It’s fine. Let’s look forwards not back 🙂
Ready to kick start your business?
If you’re anything like me, your business has taken a bit of a back seat amongst the juggling of the summer holidays. Even though my boys are teenagers, (eldest starts college next week), and I don’t have to “look after” them, they are still a distraction whilst they’re at home.
Whilst you’ve been keeping customers happy and doing some marketing over the summer, I’m sure that now it’s come to back to school time, you’re wanting to really grab your business by it’s business plan and focus focus focus. Am I right?
Here’s some tips to get you started back on track with growing your business:
- Be clear about what you want to achieve. I know, you hear this all the time. But it’s still true! If you don’t know what you want, how can you achieve it? Your plans may have altered, so write things down so you’re clear about your new focus.
- Write down clear goals for the next 6 months to focus on. How many products do you want to sell? How many clients a week are you wanting to serve? How many events do you want to attend?
- Know how much time you’ve got to spend on your business. After school clubs may change. School times may be different if your children are moving to a new school. When’s half term? Are you taking holiday? What activities are you already committed to at weekends?
- Do you have time limited events already committed to e.g. Christmas stalls, training days Ensure they’re in your schedule. Work backwards from each fixed date to ensure you get all the work done you need to make the most of that particular activity.
- Tell your family and friends what you want to achieve. If you don’t have the right support, you’ll feel guilty for working in your business. If they know they will support you. Is there anything they can do to help you?
- Book time out for you & having fun. Whilst the summer holidays may be behind us, you need to ensure you continue to have regular downtime to recharge your batteries. If you’ve learnt nothing else from the summer, taking time for you gives you space to think about what’s important.
What tips would you add? Leave a comment below.
Join the Free Kick Start your Business Challenge
In the Business Cheerleading Club this summer we supported each other with a Stay on Track Challenge. It really helped business owners keep their businesses moving, even though they were often busy and juggling lots of other commitments as well. So, we thought we’d do a quick challenge to get your business kick started.
Starting Monday 3rd September, each day you’ll need to commit 20 minutes to do one task each day. That’s it. I’m confident that this little 20 minute focus will give you and your business the kick start you need this autumn.
It’s free to join, and you’ll get all the support you need in the free online group to do whatever it is you need to do, or get help with, to take those first steps in September. No catch. Just commit, show up, do the tasks and ask for help. For 5 days. Sound like a plan?
Join us here for the Kick Start your Business Challenge: